- This event has passed.
BMWNEF’s Penguin Ride
January 1, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
What: The Penguin Ride is a New Year’s Tradition. Started by Alan and Terri Singer as a way to heckle his old riding buddies stuck in the cold of New Jersey. Alan and Terri have handed the reigns of the Penguin Ride to BMWNEF and we intend to carry on this fun event.
When: The Penguin Ride is held on January 1st each year. We brave the “Florida weather”. Ride to a lovely lunch destination and then call our friends up north to brag about our adventures in sunny Florida.
Who: BMWNEF members and guests, the Historic Motorcycle Society (HMS), the MSTA and other motorcyclists are invited to attend.
This is a rain or shine event. When you RSVP you’re expected to honor that commitment and attend. If the weather does not suit you to participate in the ride, please drive directly to the restaurant.
You must RSVP the organizer. The restaurant needs a head count to better prepare for our visit.
Fill out this form to RSVP for this event.
Start: 9:30 am – kickstands up at 10am Raceway Station, I95 & SR 200 Exit 373 Fernandina exit.
The ride wanders to Folkston, Ga for a short personal break then continues back to Fernandina and The Crab Trap for lunch. Each leg is approximately 1 hr in length. Total distance is approximately 95 miles. The ride can be shortened if we have extreme weather conditions.
- This is a rain or shine event
- You must RSVP to email@example.com for the ride and lunch
- Ride assembles at 0930, Friday, 1 January 2016
- Assembly location is the Raceway gas station, Exit 373, I 95 North, Fernandina exit, SR 200
- Ride will depart Raceway at 1000
- 1st leg of route winds through NE FL and SE Ga to the
Folkston, GA McDonald’s for a short break.
- 2nd leg is to The Crab Trap restaurant, 31 N 2nd St,
- Fernandina Beach. Phone (904) 261-4749
- Total distance is about 95 miles, 2.5 hrs total
- Be ready to depart with full gas at the scheduled time
- If attending the lunch you need to RSVP. Plan to arrive at The Crab Trap at 1PM.
- If you RSVP for the ride and lunch you are expected to be there.
If coming from the north, plan to be at the Folkston McDonald’s at 1115 to 1130 to join the group.
If coming from Jacksonville the assembly point is:
- BMW Motorcycles of Jacksonville, arrive 0830 depart 0845 to arrive Raceway station at 0930.
- Dave Rogers will lead this segment.
Finish: The Crab Trap, 31 N 2nd St, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
If you intend to drive directly to The Crab Trap plan on arriving 1230-1PM. The Crab Trap opens at 11AM. We will be dining upstairs.
This is an excellent way to start the New Year. Ride with us or meet us there, but don’t miss this fun tradition.